Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Home Study Paperwork

We received the paperwork in the mail yesterday for our home study. WOW! There is a lot of paperwork! We have to complete an information for child abuse form, take fingerprint cards to the police station to be fingerprinted, have a physical by our physician, request five personal references, information forms which includes personal info, educational info, financial info, and extended family info. We each have to write an autobiography and answer an adoption questionnaire. Make photo copies of pay stubs, income taxes, financial statement, birth certificates, marriage certificate, and submit photos of our family and home. I stayed up for hours working on it last night and then couldn't sleep thinking about how much I still had left to do. I understand the need for all the paperwork but it just seems crazy to me that I gave birth to three children and no one even asked if I had a place to live! It's just a little overwhelming right now but it will be worth it in the end! Thank you to everyone for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment