Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, March 2, 2009

Home Study

We have chosen Family Connections to do our home study! They are located in Cortland and do HS for the whole state. It was funny when she asked me what adoption agency we chose and I said CWA, she said she just got off the phone with them regarding a family that just adopted 3 children from Ethiopia! How ironic! The next step is to fill out the application for the home study and submit some documents that can take 6-8 weeks to process. After they receive the paperwork the social worker will come to visit. The social worker that will be doing our home study happens to be the same lady I talked to on the phone. I think her name was Renee but I'm not sure because when she called it was chaos at my house! Carter was screaming in his high chair and I was watching Bocker for Lisa and I had just put all the ingredients on the table to make cookies with him and Madison. They were asking me over and over and over "come on, lets make cookies now!" and while I was on the phone with her I had 4 other calls come in which causes the phone to beep and cut out. I had to keep apologizing and asking her to repeat herself. Great first impression! She's probably thinking "yeah like you need one more kid!" I'll be glad when the home study is done! Their report pretty much determines wheather or not you'll be approved to adopt. Lots of prayer please!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a zoo at your house! It will be alright! Sending prayers your way!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete