Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Authentication

We went to have our Power of Attorney and Cover Letter notarized and certified at the county clerks office today. I then sent them out overnight by Fed-Ex to the Secretary of State office in Albany for authentication. Hopefully I will get them back by the end of the week. I spoke with Michael Arrowood our case worker at Christian World Adoption today and asked about how long it would take to receive a referral. He said the wait right now for a little boy is about three months from the time your dossier is sent to Ethiopia. That takes us into August. The courts in Ethiopia recess for the months of August and September. It coinsides with there rainy season. So....we probably won't get a court date until October or November. Travel is usually 5-6 weeks after you pass court. Unless a miracle happens and we receive a referral as soon as we go on the waiting list then we would hopefully get a court date before the courts recess. I know that would make this whole adoption quite fast since we just started the process in February! Well, if you know me I'm not very patient when it comes to waiting! I like things done yesterday! A miracle would be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment