Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Moving forward

Our home study is complete! YAY! It will now be sent to CIS and CWA for approval. Once approved we will send our completed dossier on to Washington D.C. for authentication. Then on to Ethiopia!!! I am so excited to get it out of my hands! It has taken me countless days to put this dossier together! I will be so relieved once it is on it's way to Ethiopia. At that point it is completely out of my control and we just wait for it to be translated and then to be given our court date!! Most of the time you don't pass court the first time and will be given another court date within a couple weeks. We're still looking forward to the day when we receive a referral of a beautiful little boy waiting to come home to his forever family! I just received an email a couple of days ago from a friend who is also adopting from Ethiopia and they just passed court last Thursday (but didn't find out until Monday) and will be on their way to get their son on Wednesday! WOW! I am overjoyed for them! I couldn't even sleep that night I was just so excited for them and of course fantasizing about the day we get the news that we passed court and the beautiful little boy, whoever he may be is officially ours! It only took them about 8 months. I can only hope and pray that ours goes as quick! Please pray that things move quickly and smoothly and none of our paperwork is wrong or gets lost!
I remember reading on Christa's blog that it's so frustrating waiting on all this paperwork to be sent here and there and thinking "doesn't anyone realize that we have a beautiful little boy just sitting in Ethiopia waiting for all this paperwork to be finished??" That's exactly how I'm feeling! It's amazing to me that there is so much "paperwork" and they make it so expensive and difficult to adopt when the statistics show that there are over 50 million orphan children worldwide. Please pray for all orphaned children and for more people to open their hearts and consider adopting one of Gods children.

2 comments:

  1. Exciting! Can't wait to here about your referral!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Jenny! It will be here before you know it, believe me. We were expecting to travel this summer so we really aren't ready to go next week (but we're thrilled). I'll be off from school for the remainder of the school year. If you want to come over for a visit some time just give me a call. I'll be thinking of you while we are in Ethiopia.
    :) Christa

    ReplyDelete