Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Waiting

Sorry I haven't had a minute to write! We are so busy! Nothing to exciting happening with the adoption right now. My FBI fingerprints were rejected for a second time so I have to get another police clearance from our local police department and sign a sworn statement at the USCIS office. My sweaty hands! AHH! Anyway, our dossier was authenticated in Washington, DC and will arrive at CWA on Monday. Hopefully they will get it sent that day to Ethiopia.
I met Christa and Benji's new son Lucas Digafu. He is so beautiful and sweet! I brought him a little people house and family to play with. Thought it was appropriate. He seemed to like it. I am so happy for them! Seeing them made me even more excited to receive my new son. Hopefully our boys can play together someday.
Tonight I had a knock at my door. It was an African American college student selling children's books. I explained that we can't afford to buy any at this time because we are adopting. He asked where we are adopting from and I told him Ethiopia and he said, "really that's where I'm from, Addis Ababa." He moved to the U.S. with his mom when he was two after his father had died. He said he has a large family there and visited when he was ten. He plans on returning after he finishes college. He told me how much he loves America and the better life he and his mother have found here. WOW! Now that was God sending this boy to my door! Lately I have been up at night and so stressed out about the cost of the adoption. I hate to even think about the money! We feel called to adopt and to give a child a loving family. You can't put a price on that. I know I have to continue praying and trusting that God will provide. Talking with this Ethiopian boy on my doorstep tonight just confirmed to me that what we are doing is right.

2 comments:

  1. Keep praying! God ordains adoption so He'll provide! I'll be praying for you as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If God leads you to it, He'll lead you through it. Always remember that.
    It was great seeing you the other day and dinner was WONDERFUL!!! Thanks so much. Lucas Digafu loves his Little People house, but uses it mostly as a push toy right now. It gets pushed around the entire house. Give me a call if you want to talk adoption. This stay at home mom thing is very foreign to me. I miss adult conversation.
    :) Christa

    ReplyDelete